Source: Android Central Forums
Users have taken to online forums and shared their
experience on how their LG Nexus 4 glass cracked within few days of use
NEW DELHI, INDIA: While consumers in India wait eagerly for the launch of the LG Nexus 4 in the country, a Nexus 4 user wrote in to CIOL about his experience with the smartphone.
According to him, the LG Nexus 4
is apparently too fragile. ''Accidently the phone fell just about a
feet over and I broke the glass.. now its not working. I Googled about
the glass and it is same all over.. the glass is terrible.. it breaks
easily.. now have to invest 10k more on that,'' says Manpreet (comment
moderated for the sake of clarity).
The story is not unique to Manpreet. Several users have taken to
public forums to share their experience on the same problem. ''I just
bought a google nexus 4 this past month and have had all the google
phones prior to it. It dropped one time from a foot off the ground and
the screen is cracked and will not respond to touch at all. Both google
and LG are passing the buck to the other and will not back up their
product,'' says a user on the AndroidCentral Forum.
However, some users claim that they broke their LG Nexus 4 without
even dropping it. ''I only had my N4 for 3 days and I always have my N4
beside my on my table. And today I placed it there as always and some
time later I noticed a crack going horizontally right above the Nexus
logo. C'mon I didn't even drop it, I just placed it on my table,'' says
a user on YouTube, who posted the comment in response to a video on
''Nexus 4 cracked back glass cover''.
Similarly, another user claims on AndroidCentral Forum
that she cracked her LG Nexus 4 within 24 hours by just placing it on
the kitchen counter. She has also posted pictures to support her claims.
However, many readers have responded to her post saying that it is
false.
Even the page on Wikipedia that provides information on the LG Nexus 4
says that ''The phone's front and back glass tend to break easily with
the back glass breaking around the speaker.''
There are also several rumors doing the rounds on the Web, which
claim that an updated LG Nexus 4 may be unveiled soon. The latest
version of LG Nexus 4 will reportedly be an improved version of its
predecessor and will have fixed all the features for which it was
criticised.
That said, apart from these issues. the LG Nexus 4 has got rave
reviews from critics and consumers. However, how has your experience
with the LG Nexus 4 been? Do you believe that the glass of LG Nexus 4 is
prone to cracking? Or should any smartphone for that matter be treated
with care? Do let us know.
No comments:
Post a Comment